It has been great working with Altitude Public Relations. Both Caroline and Merrett are professional, full of creative ideas, deliver on time and great fun to work with. They have worked with us over a number of years to deliver Bike Week and the Santos GLNG Brisbane to Gold Coast Challenge and over that time helped increase media coverage as well as registrations for the event. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a public relations agency. Cathy Baker, former Marketing Manager, Bicycle Queensland
Bicycle Queensland (BQ) is a non-profit community and advocacy group promoting fun and safe cycling. With more than 11,000 members, BQ supports programs that promote cycling and health and well-being.
Among its flagship events are Bike Week and The Brisbane to Gold Coast Cycle Challenge – Queensland’s largest mass participation bike ride. Over several years working alongside BQ to publicise these events we identified challenges including:
- increased competition with other Brisbane cycling and non-cycling sports-related fundraising events
- ability to identify unique story angles to increase media coverage and registration
- limited media sponsorship
Altitude worked closely with the BQ team to:
- identify local talent and media angles to pitch to local Quest, regional and metropolitan media
- develop suite of targeted press releases around key milestones and talent across broadcast, magazine, online, TV and newspaper outlets
- secure regular feature articles in UonSunday, Q Weekend and Brisbane News
- develop program of long-lead magazines and online event listings six months out from events
- identify creative ideas for ‘soft media launches’.
Despite the challenges, since starting to work with BQ in 2011, Altitude has managed to increase media coverage each year for BQ’s major events. Registrations for events have also increased.