FLPA has been extremely pleased with the work Altitude Public Relations has undertaken since early 2011. Caroline and Merrett have modernised our brand, improved the way we disseminate legal information to our members and raised our public profile, which has helped the public better understand family law and the work our members do. As a result, our membership has grown and continues to grow. Trent Waller, FLPA past president
The situation – FLPA
The Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland (FLPA) is Queensland’s leading family law body and provide members with education in family law and industry networking opportunities. Established in 1984, FLPA was a successful, collegial association with a membership base of more than 600 family law practitioners. Despite their success, FLPA’s growth was stagnating. We identified a few key issues:
- organisation was poor and communication was adhoc as the volunteer committee could not devote enough time
- the now large association had an amateur reputation and profile
- the committee lacked strategic direction for the future.
Altitude was initially engaged to undertake member research and develop a communication plan to help chart FLPA’s strategic direction. In the initial phases of the strategic plan, we implemented the following:
- developed and launched a modern FLPA corporate image
- developed a suite of marketing material including a brochure, promotional products, conference material to promote the benefits of membership
- developed a new website focused on member benefits and linking potential clients to practitioners including e-commerce
- implemented new member benefits including holding webinars
- developed systems for regular member communication including e-alerts and an e-newsletter
- implemented a media relations program to build the profile of family law and the professionalism of family lawyers
Since FLPA engaged Altitude in early 2011, membership has increased 30 per cent to more than 950 members. Membership fees have also increased during this time. We continue to provide a valuable ongoing internal and external marketing and communication service including website content management, e-news writing and design, member surveys, webinar support, branding and media relations.